SEO in 2018
Search Engine Optimization in 2018
We are now focusing on (SEO) Search Engine Optimisation for our clients, to grow more traffic to their websites, get their website content shared (backlinks) across the web and social media platforms, and in turn get ranked on Google.
In the past it was relatively easy to rank on the first page of Google all you had to do was add your keywords to your title and your description tags and sprinkle the keywords throughout your copy on that page, sit back and wait for your website to rank on the first page of Google.
Well in 2017/2018 and into the future, Google will be using backlinks to your website as a major ranking factor, which makes sense because if another website “voluntarily” (not paid for or reciprocal ) links back to your website or your web page for a certain topic, they obviously see value in your content and want to share it with their viewers and subscribers, this in turn is a “vote” in favour of your website in Google’s eyes, and the more votes you get to the higher rank and the stronger your authority becomes.
Ranking on Google nowadays is not easy, it takes, time, effort and consistency.
Over the past 3 months, we have been conducting in-depth research on the latest SEO techniques which Google is in favour of, and would like implement them on siyafrica.co.za.
The SEO techniques we use are all white hat techniques, this will ensure that your site will not be penalized or adversely affected if Google updates their SEO algorithms in the future.
First and foremost we need to make your website an authority in its niche, and the only way to do this is to create the useful, valuable, in-depth and thorough content relating to your industry/niche and even sub-niches.
We will need to create lots of useful unique content which will add value for visitors. As you can imagine this is not an easy task as we need to thoroughly research your industry and come up with unique original text content, for every conceivable topic, this is the only way to make your website an authority in your niche.
Once this content has be added to your website, it will add value to your website forever in the future and the more it gets shared and linked to the stronger your authority becomes.
- find competing websites in your industry ranking on Google
- find what keywords and web pages they are ranking for
- We analyze how these web pages are constructed and optimized
then locate all the websites that are linking to them (backlinks),
- We then contact each of the people running those websites and request that they link to your content as it offers better value for their customers. (This will be the content that we research and write for your site)
- We also obtain insight into what content in your niche is trending and being shared on social media, blogs and other websites, the number of shares they get and what type of content is being shared, this enables us to create better content than your competitors, and get that shared on social media, all linking back to your website.
- We also monitor your competitors backlinks in real time, so as they get new backlinks, we will be notified and we can then contact those websites and try get back backlinks to your site as well.